Reiki Energy Can Bring Mental and Physical Well Being to the Recipient
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation which triggers natural healing abilities in any living form. This healing technique is performed by laying hands as per Reiki practice on different parts of your body, allowing the universal energy to flow through the practitioner's body to the recipient. The hands and palms of the Reiki practitioner act as a conduit of energy which allows this energy transfusion.
History of Reiki
This spiritual healing therapy was developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist named Mikao Usui. The word Reiki is made up of two Japanese Words. One word is “Rei” and the other is “ki“. “Rei” means “The higher power or God’s wisdom“. “ki” means “life force energy“. Reiki healing is a natural therapy that gently balances life energies and brings health and well being to the recipient.
How Reiki Works
When one’s "life force energy" is low, we are more likely to feel stressed, high strung or sick. On the other hand, if the energy is high, we tend to be happier & healthier. Reiki treats the whole person’s body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects. This natural healing treatment can be administered to any person from an elderly person to adults, babies, toddlers, children and even pets.
There are numerous benefits of Reiki. For example it;
· Relieves pain & Improves blood circulation.
· Reiki helps to calm your mind & give deep relaxation.
· Reiki speeds up recovery from surgery or long-term illness.
· Reduces side effects like nausea and stomach upset during Cancer Treatment. It also helps in getting relief from pain. (Please note Reiki is not an alternative cancer treatment.)
· Strengthens the immune system and improves capacity of your body’s ability to clear toxins.
· Easy Pregnancy & Painless childbirth for some women after Reiki therapy.
· Increases energy levels.
· Improves the confidence level and the esteem of the client.
Reiki is one of the most versatile healing techniques found to balance both the body and mind, like everything else this versatile healing method may have to have its limitations.
· Reiki is not a cure for Cancer.
· Reiki cannot heal any body part which is dead or completely destroyed.
· There can be very rare occasions where Reiki Treatment can interfere with chemical medicines. It’s always advisable to seek advice from your medical practitioner. It is worth mentioning that not all medical practitioners know or have heard about Reiki, may be unsure of its benefits and may therefore not be open to recommending this complementary treatment.
· Reiki is not a short term treatment; only long term treatment gives all of the above mentioned benefits.
· Short treatments of 5 to 6 minutes should be given for very weak recipients.
Proper Preparations for Reiki Sessions
As Reiki treatments can make the recipient dehydrated; plenty of water must be consumed after each session. Some may even cry after treatment which is a good stress reliever. Recipients will be asked to lay down fully clothed on a massage table, couch, or bed. Wear loose clothing for Reiki appointments to avoided breathing restrictions. No jewelry must be worn for the session which can interfere with the energy flow. However, short Reiki treatments can also be given whilst recipient is seated comfortably. Reiki can also be given whilst therapist and recipient are in different locations.
Choose an Expert
Finding a reputable person who practices Reiki with commitment and expertise is a must for you to enjoy the true benefits of Reiki. The health and healing benefits of Reiki is for both body and soul. Being a pain free alternative/complementary medical therapy, people are increasingly adopting Reiki as a part of life style changes aimed towards a better and balanced life.